Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hope Floats



Like so many others, I am still riding the winds of change. It came in like a gentle breeze blowing softly the word ‘Hope’. At the beginning of this election I was a Clinton fan. I respect her intellectual strength, her resilience, her determination in the face of adversity, her experience in politics, the work she does, and honestly wanted to usher in a time where females are in the lead. I needed to see and feel something different and had little faith in some of the male leadership I was seeing.

When I walked into the booth to caste my vote in the primary I began struggling with the issue of choice. By now Clinton had said a few things that had me wiggling in my seat trying to sit comfortably.

However when the time came to fill in the ballot it was the whisper of ‘Hope” that I heard floating in my ear. So I voted for hope. Hope has been sinking in this country for so long that it was time that we all reached into the water of despair and resuscitated it. With every chant, cry and song we breathed a ‘yes we can’ into hope. And the ‘we’ became larger them many of us could have imagined and with one strong breathe we created a movement for change. We not only revived hope but we also filled our lungs with it. Hope not only floats it walks with us making the possibility of change an absolute. Let us now begin the work.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oakland, California, United States
Technology Teacher in Oakland California Public Charter School